Thursday, June 7, 2012

Learni.st

Last week, I had a post on trying out Pinterest and how it might be useful in the classroom. I recently got a tweet from Ron Houtman about a new site that is currently in beta called Learnist. This site is being developed by Grockit and hopes to be a Pinterest for education with their slogan being "share what you know."

Learnist is developing a site that will allow you gather various resources from the Web, whether it be videos, images, blog posts, Wikipedia articles, etc. and put them together into a logical order with notes or explanations that people could follow and learn from. It is a great idea for teachers who use resources on the Web on a regular basis.



At the moment, you can only request an invite (which I have), but you can visit and check out some of the beta creations that others have made. Good stuff! I love this idea and can't wait to try it. My summer to do list just got longer. I will let you know how it goes when I get my invite.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment