Thursday, January 5, 2012

Screencasting in the Classroom Part 3

If you have been reading the last two posts, I have been writing about products that teachers can use in the classroom to get started. Camtasia Studio and Jing have been covered. In this post I would like to talk about the other options out there for you when it comes to screencasting. First is screencast-o-matic. Besides the totally cool name, it is free and doesn't require a download. Overview below:


I have used screencast-o-matic several times last spring while working with a local business to develop training videos and it turned out to be a good tool for them and fun for me to learn. I like the fact that you can use it anywhere. (It does require Java)and the video can be downloaded and edited in Windows Movie Maker. It is a good option if Jing doesn't fit the bill for you. Other screencasting tools that are available include AviScreen, CamStudio, or Copernicus (Mac Users). I have not tried these last three, so I can't give you an honest opinion one way or the other.

What ever you try, try something, and try screencasting in your classroom soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment