Monday, March 22, 2010

Google Calendar

Welcome back! We are continuing our trip through the land of all things Google. If you haven't been following along, we have visited Gmail, Google Docs, and sharing documents on the Web with Google Docs. Today, we are talking about one of my favorite Google tools, Google Calendar. Here is a quick video introduction:



Pretty easy. I use Google Calendar for a couple of things. I am in charge of the Web site information for the football program. I have separate calendars for the high school teams and the middle school teams. I can easily embed them in the Web sites (blogs or wikis too) so parents and players can stay updated on events. I also have a personal calendar that is synced up to my iTouch. The beautiful thing is that you only have to have one Google calendar account, but you can make several calendars with it. A family with several children can actually have a calendar for each child, but have all of their events show up on a master calendar to keep track of everything. Google will even let you color code each calendar. Nice!

Your calendars can be private, you can share them with specific people, or they can be made public. The option is yours.

If you don't believe me, here are seven great reasons to use Google Calendar. It is easy to get started and easy to use. If you stumble along the way, they have a great calendar help section.

Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment